My main research subjects along my scientific career have been:
- Pollution of soil by heavy metals.
- Fertility of soils, related to organic matter content.
- Recycling of organic wastes for agricultural purposes.
- Protection and improvement of the environment.
- In the last ten years my interest has been in air (atmosphere) pollution due to organic waste management, with special attention on greenhouse gases.
Google Scholar, Researchgate
- Sánchez-Monedero, M.A., Serramiá, N., García-Ortiz Civantos, C., Fernández Hernández, A., Roig, A. Greenhouse gas emissions during composting of two-phase olive mill wastes with different agroindustrial by-products. Chemosphere, 81(1), 18-25. 2010.
- Cayuela, M.L., Sánchez-Monedero, M.A., Roig, A. Two-phase olive mill waste composting: enhancement of the composting rate and compost quality by grape stalks addition. Biodegradation, 21(3), 465-473. 2010.
- Cayuela, M.L., Millner, P.D., Meyer, S.F., Roig, A. Potential of olive mill wastes as biobased pesticides against weeds, fungi and nematodes. Science of the Total Environment, 399, 11-18. 2008.
- Roig, A., Cayuela, M.L., Sánchez-Monedero M.A. An overview of olive mil wastes and proposed valorisation methods. Waste Management, 26, 960-969. 2006.
- Roig, A., Cayuela, M.L., Sánchez-Monedero, M.A. The use of elemental sulphur as organic alternative to control pH during composting. Chemosphere, 57, 1099-1105. 2004.
- García-Gómez, A., Szmidt, R.A.K., Roig, A. Enhancing of the Composting Rate of Spent Mushroom Substrate by Rock Dust. Compost Science and Utilization, 10, 99-104. 2002.
- Bernal, M.P., Roig, A. Nitrogen transformations in calcareous soils amended with pig slurry under aerobic incubation. Journal of Agricultural Science, 120, 89-97. 1993.
- Burton, K., Morgan, E., Roig, A. Interactive effects of cadmium, copper and nickel on the growth of Sitka Spruce and studies of metal uptake from nutrient solutions. New Phytology, 103, 549-557. 1986.